Updated: Aug 2
So… the news is out! Our biggest fundraiser of the year is in full swing. Walk a Mile in Their Shoes is an initiative that:
1. Represents doing for others, what they may not be able to do themselves.
2. Allows people of all ages and physical ability to participate.
3. Lastly, Walk a Mile in Her Shoes is designed to honor those who may not even be able to walk a mile, as a breast cancer patient, survivor or passed warrior. Together we will move in their honor!
So, what do you do right now?
1. Pick your passion – What is your goal for an exercise that you or your group will do over the course of 8 days? Do what you are able... or push your limits! - The choice is yours. (Group participation with your friends, family or colleagues is encouraged.)
2. Start training for your goal!
3. Look for individual and/or business sponsorship.
We are doing this for those who can’t. Some ideas include, bike a number of miles, walk or run a number of miles, CrossFit a number of hours, yoga a number of hours, hike a number of miles on your favorite trail, paddle a distance on a lake etc.
This week we are ordering the participant t-shirt and setting up our mobile platform / registration page by next week so be ready to rock!
We are setting a goal of $50,000 to support breast cancer survivors into the future.
“What will you do in 8 days?” Ready… set… go!!!